Chuck Stetson, Chairman & Sheila Weber, Executive Director, Let's Strengthen Marriage and National Marriage Week USA
After a whole year of planning and our mutual coordination on national conference calls, I wanted you to know about exciting, latest news for our efforts on marriage and ways all of us can now mobilize our troops:
1. Our team has launched a new national campaign called "Let's Strengthen Marriage" with National Marriage Week USA as its initial major project. This effort was last week covered by The Washington Times (full article here), where reporter Cheryl Wetzstein writes:
"....the cavalry finally may be on its way. In November, a national campaign called Let's Strengthen Marriage was formed with the goal of getting marriage onto the "national agenda." The campaign recently held a webinar aimed at encouraging tens of thousands of houses of worship to celebrate National Marriage Week, Feb. 7 through 14....."
"Religious leaders also were challenged to immediately set up dating and courtship seminars for youth, marriage preparation education for teens and singles and marriage enrichment courses for married couples....."
"......I am intrigued by what might happen if America's faith communities really realized their capacity to assist men and women in their quest for strong, stable, happy marriages and families. The Let's Strengthen Marriage campaign summed up the merits of marriage in nine words: "Financial stability. Better health. Less troubled kids. Greater happiness." I would add a 10th word, 'Amen.'"
2. Our recent Marriage Webinar, featuring Jim Garlow, Chuck Colson, leading clergy and social scientists, has been edited to one hour and is still available. It puts forth an energizing and informative call to the Church, with alarming new research, and specific ways that folks can get involved. Please alert your colleagues and members to log on to the archived webinar at www.marriagewebinar.org
3. We would appreciate your use of our official press release for how to get involved with National Marriage Week USA-Feb. 7 to 14.www.nationalmarriageweekusa.org/news/
4. National Marriage Week USA will have a major national radio promotion and contest on five national Christian radio networks throughout National Marriage Week from February 7th through 14th, including KLOVE, Moody Broadcasting, American Family Radio, Way-FM, and HIS Radio Network, plus more.
The radio promotion will feature Gary Chapman, best-selling author of Five Love Languages, as a National Marriage Week USA spokesperson. We are very excited about the enormous impact of this weeklong national promotion.
5. Many national organizations have already loaded the National Marriage Week USA logo or banner ads. We invite you to download our banner ads and post them on your websites with a link to www.nationalmarriageweekUSA.org. http://www.nationalmarriageweekusa.org/campaign/file.htm?slug=Banner ads
6. You can POST EVENTS for your organization on the National Marriage Week USA website at http://www.nationalmarriageweekusa.org/events/
You can see we already have scores and scores of event postings, such as the Focus on Family Simulcast on February 28, and viewers can sort events on a state by state basis to discover what is happening near their home. Folks can also JOIN THE CAMPAIGN and write notes to "Tell Us What You're Doing" and "Read What Others are Doing" at www.nationalmarriageweekUSA.org. http://www.nationalmarriageweekusa.org/join_the_campaign.htm
If you would need an interview or more information, please contact Sheila Weber, executive director of Let's Strengthen Marriage and National Marriage Week USA, firstname.lastname@example.org