Join Samuel Rodriguez, Russell Moore, Harry R. Jackson, James Robison, Ed Stetzer & other speakers at NHCLC/CONELA Annual Gathering, April 28-30
SACRAMENTO, Calif., March 30, 2015 – Governor Jeb Bush and U.S. Representative Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) will headline as special keynote speakers at the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference (NHCLC)/CONELA annual national convention, to be held April 28-30, 2015 in Houston. Bush and Gutierrez will join NHCLC/CONELA President Rev. Samuel Rodriguez to give plenary addresses, along with a number of international leaders, including:
- Ambassador Rueven Azar, Deputy Head of Mission at The Embassy of Israel to the United States;
- Dr. Russell Moore, President of The Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC);
- Rev. Harry R. Jackson Jr., Senior Pastor of Hope Church;
- Sergio De La Mora, Pastor of Cornerstone Church of San Diego;
- James Robison, Founder and President of Life Outreach International and Co-Host of “Life Today;”
- Ed Stetzer, Executive Director of LifeWay Research;
- Dr. Gus Reyes, COO of NHCLC/CONEL and Director of the Christian Life Commission for the Baptist General Convention of Texas;
- Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, Founder and President of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews;
- John Jenkins, Pastor of First Baptist Church of Glenarden;
- Magda Hermida, Founder of Magda Hermida Ministries; and
- Other elected officials, dignitaries and faith leaders.
“We are thrilled to have such prestigious speakers join us for this very important gathering,” said Rodriguez. “This convention will bring together influential Christian Hispanic leaders from around the world to address vital issues of our generation from racial reconciliation and Christian persecution to prison and immigration reform.”
The theme of the 2015 convention is “From Survive to Thrive.” More than 1,500 global Christian leaders are expected to attend.
During the convention, NHCLC/CONELA will celebrate its merger, which became official last year, and reveal its new international name. It will also introduce new organizational leadership and launch an innovative Hispanic-focused television network in partnership with Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).
The convention will be held at the Crown Plaza Houston located at 8686 Kirby Drive. For more information or to register, visit https://nhclc.org/2015-nhclc-board-convention.
NHCLC/CONELA is the world’s largest Hispanic Christian organization. It serves as a representative voice for the more than 100 million Hispanic Evangelicals assembled in over 40,000 U.S. churches and another 500,000 congregations spread throughout the Spanish-speaking diaspora. For additional information, visit https://www.nhclc.org.
EDITOR’S NOTE: To request media credentials for on-site coverage or to interview Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, contact Julie Shutley at 972.267.1111 or Julie@alarryross.com.