From the desk of Mat Staver:
On Thursday, UNESCO, the UN cultural agency, passed a resolution which rejects the Jewish connection to Jerusalem. The latest outrage is wholly anti-Semitic, fraught with revisionist history, and excoriates the Israeli government. It should come as no surprise that the “Occupied Palestine” resolution was submitted by six Muslim nations: Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, and Sudan.
UNESCO wants us to believe:
• That Judaism has no historical or rightful connection to the holy sites of the Temple Mount and the Western Wall. It refers to these sites only by their Muslim names. It is in total disregard of biblical history dating back to the Old Testament.
• It condemns Israel and refers to the Jewish State 14 times as “the Occupying power.”
• It calls for safeguards of the Palestinian cultural heritage and the distinctive character of east Jerusalem (a divided Jerusalem).
• It charges Israel with a long list of offenses, including fostering terrorism.
Reaction to the vote has been swift and strong:
• In the wake of UNESCO’s action, Israel has cut or frozen ties with UNESCO
• Israeli Education Minister Naftali Bennett said UNESCO was ignoring “thousands of years of Jewish ties to Jerusalem” and aiding “Islamist terror”.
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that UNESCO had become a “theater of the absurd” in “another delusional decision”.
• Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat said he was “outraged” by the resolution. “Would UNESCO vote to deny the Christian connection to the Vatican? Or the Muslim connection to Mecca? The UNESCO vote claims that there is no connection between the Jewish people and the Western Wall. In fact, it is the UNESCO vote that has no connection to reality.”
The resolution will now be submitted to UNESCO’s executive body, which will vote on whether to adopt it.” The Associated Press reports the “validated resolution” is expected to be heard early next week.
+ + We are calling for the United States government to launch an action of support for Israel!
With UNESCO attempting to erase Jewish history in Jerusalem, Christians in Defense of Israel is petitioning Congress to uphold Jerusalem as the eternal capital of Israel. With your help, we are urging lawmakers to take action on behalf of The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, acknowledge Jerusalem as the undisputed and undivided capital of Israel, and move the U.S. Embassy to the City of David.
We believe that this declaration will send a message to the entire world that Jerusalem and its holy sites belong to Israel!
CIDI representatives will hand deliver the petitions to lawmakers on Capitol Hill as soon as we have enough signatures to make an impact. We are about half way toward our initial goal of 25,000 signers. Click here to join with us.
God bless you. God bless Israel. God bless America.
Mat Staver, President
Christians in Defense of Israel
P.S. Jerusalem belongs to Israel, as promised by God. Period. Join us in helping to deliver that message.
Original post can be read here: http://libertycounsel.com/unesco-is-unbelievable-cidi/